- 2 lbs. lean water buffalo meat, e.g. sirloin tip
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C. honey
- 1/2 organic soy sauce or tamari
- 5 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Trim away all excess fat (this is easier if your meat is partially frozen).
2. Slice meat very thin across the grain. (Cut along the grain of more chewy jerky).
3. Marinate for 24 hours.
4. Place in food dryer or low oven/breadwarming drawer, not overlapped, at 155 degrees for 4-6 hours.
Store in an airtight container. If planning to keep for more than a week, place in freezer.